Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Lápiz

Carlos Enrique or Lápiz (pencil) because he's so skinny is 13. He lives with his mother and little sister. He does not know who his father is. He was in seventh grade this year but was pulled out by his mother because he was failing. It was a disappointment because he is a very bright kid. He was introduced to the joys of hard labor and as a result he will give school another try when it starts back up in February. Lápiz is also a singer in our church and one of our little league soccer players.

1 comment:

Tomara said...

Carlos was one of my first friends in La Carpio and I pray for him almost every day. We have a letter and a picture that he gave me and it hangs on my refrigerator and my boys love to pray for the kids in La Carpio! Many Blessings and many hugs!